Though Manny Pacquiao isn’t taking on Floyd Mayweather Jr. in Las Vegas, as so many local fight fans had hoped, this weekend’s highly anticipated bout at Cowboys Stadium in Arlington, Texas, is sure to be legendary. The Pac-Man takes on Antonio Margarito for the world super welterweight championship. If Pacquiao wins, it will be his eighth title in eight divisions.
If a flight to Texas isn’t on your weekend agenda, catch all the action at various sports bars right here in Las Vegas.
• The Golden Nugget is showing the fights for free throughout the casino.
• The Sporting House Bar & Grill at New York-New York is offering a viewing party for the three undercard fights and the main event, plus a buffet during the fights. The cost is $50 per person, and guests are encouraged to purchase their seats ahead of time by calling 702-740-6766. The venue opens at 9 a.m., and the viewing party starts at 6 p.m.
• Screwballs at 2460 West Warm Springs Road is showing the fights for free.
• Lagasse’s Stadium at the Palazzo offers fight fans a chance to catch the action on 100 HD TVs while making the most of plush seating and Chef Emeril Lagasse’s gourmet cuisine. All Palazzo and Venetian venues are showing the fight for free, although food and beverage minimums apply in certain seating areas.
• The Laguna Champagne Bar and Fusion Mixology Bar in the Palazzo are featuring the fights along with handcrafted cocktails created by award-winning bartenders and mixologists.
• The Venetian is showing the fights in the Race and Sports Book, as well as the Oculus Bar.
• Wynn Las Vegas is showing the fights in Encore Theater on the largest HD screen on The Strip. Snacks, beverages and betting stations are available inside the theater. Children must be 5 years old or older to attend, and the cost is $40 per person. Doors open at 4 p.m., and advance tickets are available by calling 702-770-9966.
• Playboy Club inside Palms Casino Resort will host a viewing party. Guests can watch the match on multiple plasma televisions inside Playboy Club. General admission tickets to the viewing party are $50 and include one complimentary premium cocktail. Doors open at 5:30 p.m.
• Deuce Lounge at Aria is showing the fights starting at 6 p.m. Barstools are $150, and a table for six is $1,000.
• The following Station Casino locations are showing the fights throughout the casinos: Aliante Station, Boulder Station, Red Rock Resort, Fiesta Henderson, Sunset Station and Santa Fe Station.