This weekend fireworks won’t just be in the air; they will be in the octagon as well. UFC 132 features a stacked fight card including Bantamweight champ Dominick Cruz who attempts to defend his title against the only man to defeat him, former featherweight title holder Urijah Faber. Also on the card, Wanderlei Silva takes on Chris Leben, and former UFC light heavyweight champion Tito Ortiz takes on Ryan Bader.
To whet your appetite for UFC, there are several fighter signings around town plus amateur MMA organization Tuff-N-Uff returns to the Cox Pavilion on July 1. On UFC eve, catch a Tuff-N-Uff fight card featuring five championship bouts including Brandon Browning vs. Carl Postma. The pair will battle for the inaugural Randy Couture Tuff-N-Uff Heavyweight Champion Belt. The UFC Hall of Famer is expected to be on hand to award the belt named in his honor.
Fighter appearances and signings:
At Las Vegas Fight Shop at the Miracle Mile Shops:
• TapouT presents Jake Shields and TapouT Co-founder PunkASS, who will be signing autographs from 6 until 7 p.m. Friday, July 1.
• Iron Star presents Melvin Guillard, who will be signing autographs from 7 until 8 p.m. Friday, July 1.
• Following his fight the night before, Chris Leben will be signing autographs from 2 until 3 p.m. Sunday, July 3.
• Xyience fighter autograph signing: Xyience, the maker of Xenergy, the official energy drink of the UFC, invites MMA fans to meet Xyience team athletes Mark Munoz and Anthony Pettis. Munoz and Pettis will be signing autographs at Bluegreen Resorts.
Station Casino viewing options:
• Ovation @ Green Valley Ranch, 702-617-7777: The cover is $20 per person. Doors open at 5 p.m.
• Club Madrid @ Sunset Station, 702-547-7777: The cover is $10 per person. Doors open at 5 p.m.
• Grand Ballroom @ Palace Station, 702-367-2411: The cover is $10 per person. Doors open at 5 p.m.
• Cherry @ Red Rock Casino Resort & Spa, 866-767-7773: The cover is $20 per person. Doors open at 5 p.m.
• Access Showroom @ Aliante Station Casino, 702-692-7777: The cover is $10 per person. Doors open at 5 p.m.
• Revolver @ Santa Fe Station, 702-658-4900: The cover is $10 per person. Doors open at 5 p.m.
• Cancun Room @ Fiesta Henderson Casino, 702-567-7436: The cover is $10 per person. Doors open at 5:00 p.m.
• Railhead @ Boulder Station, 702-432-7777: The cover is $10 per person. Doors open at 5 p.m.
Other sports bar and casino bar options:
• Buffalo Wild Wings @ Durango and Warm Springs, 702-260-4800: Watch the fights on one of 11 big screens: two 160-inch screens and nine 135-inch screens, or 40 of the 40-inch screens, all HD. Drink specials include Dos Equis for $4.90 and tall Bud Lights for $4.20. There is no cover charge.
• Buffalo Wild Wings @ Horizon Ridge and 95, 702-564-5795: Watch the fights on one of nine 110-inch HD screens or 30 42-inch screens, all HD. Drink specials include tall Coors Light for $4.20 and Blue Moon Seasonal pints for $5.70. There is no cover charge.
• Buffalo Wild Wings @ Las Vegas Blvd. and Windmill, 702-614-0238: Watch the fights on the huge 200-inch screen, one of eight 122-inch screens or 32 32-inch screens, all HD. Drink specials include tall Coors Light for $4.20 and Blue Moon Seasonal pints for $6.25. There is no cover charge.
• Buffalo Wild Wings @ 150 W. Centennial Pkwy, 702-649-3054: Watch the fights on 11 102-inch screens or 45 42-inch screens, all HD. Drink specials include tall Coors Light for $4.20 and Blue Moon Seasonal pints for $6.45. There is no cover charge.
• Buffalo Wild Wings @ Craig and Commerce, 702-642-0055: Drink specials include tall Coors Light for $4.20 and Blue Moon Seasonal pints for a reduced price. There is no cover charge, but a $10 food and beverage minimum applies per person.
• Cathouse, 702-262-4000: The cover charge is $50 at the door, $40 ahead of time. There are five TVs and the price for seating areas is $100-$300.
• Bonanza Lounge:, 702-452-7955: There is no cover charge. Drink specials include $2 draft beers and there will be food specials as well as hat and t-shirt giveaways.
• PTs Pub @ Buffalo and 215, 702-614-7673: There is a $10 cover. Drink specials include $3.50 24 oz. cans of Bud Light Lime and $5 Jameson shots.
• Paradise Poker Club, 955 Grier Dr., 702-260-7891: Enjoy food from the Slidin’ Thru slider restaurant next door, which you can bring into the bar.
• Half Shell, 10430 S. Eastern Ave., 702-632-2983: There is no cover but please call to make a reservation. Drink specials include $5 Sailor Jerry drinks and $6 Milagro Tequila shots. Get there early for Happy Hour pricing from 3 until 6 p.m. Happy Hour specials include $12 buckets of domestic beers, $15 buckets of import beers, $3 house wine, $3.50 specialty cocktails and six appetizers priced at $5.95 a piece.
• Miller’s Ale House @ Town Square, 702-616-3414: Drink specials include $7 Miller Lite pitchers, $2.25 Miller beverages, $4.25 Leinenkugels, $5.95 Blue Moons and Guinness, $2 PBRs, $3 Foster pints, $2.95 single and $5 double Skyy Vodka drinks plus $65 bottles of Patron served with 5 Coronitas. There is a $10 cover charge.
• Deuce Lounge @ Aria, 702-693-8300: There will be a $50 cover charge.
• Caramel Lounge @ Bellagio, 702-693-8300: There will be a $40 cover charge. The fee is waived with the purchase of a table.
• Revolution Lounge @ The Mirage, 702-692-8383: There will be a $20 cover charge.
• Cabo Wabo @ The Miracle Mile Shops, 702-385-2226: There will be a $20 cover charge. There will be eight screens downstairs and two large projector screens on both floors. Doors open at 5 p.m.
• Scooter’s Pub Sports Bar & Grill @ 6200 S. Rainbow Blvd. 702-227-9047: There is no cover. Enjoy $2 Jell-O shots and $4 Jameson shots plus giveaways from the Jameson Girls from 7 until 9 p.m. The event will also double as the DVD release party for the film The Warrior’s Way. From 4 p.m. until midnight, enjoy t-shirt and DVD giveaways plus stick around after the fight for a concert by Arms of America, a U2 cover band.
• Sapphire Gentlemen’s Club, 702-869-0003: The $30 admission fee ($20 for locals) includes food while the $70 package includes food, free limo transportation, a $50 drink card and VIP seating. There will be raffles and prizes plus $1 dances in between the fights.
• Blondies Sports Bar @ the Miracle Mile Shops, 702-737-0444: Watch the fight on their 6 ft. x 10 ft. projector screen. There is a $40 cover or table reservations are $60 per person and both prices include all-you-can-drink domestic draft beer.
• Lift Bar, 702-364-0306: Drink specials include $2 Lift Lagers, 24 oz. cans of Natural Light and assorted shot specials. There is a $10 cover charge which includes a $10 gift certificate for a later visit.
• Diablo’s @ Monte Carlo Resort & Casino, 702-730-7777: There is a $25 cover and you can watch the fights on a large projector screen and various other HD TVs throughout the venue.
• Kahunaville @ TI, 702-894-7390: There is a $25 minimum food and beverage spend per person.
• Rock & Rita’s @ Circus Circus, 702-691-5991: Commentary will be streamed throughout on the premium sound system and the fights will be shown throughout the venue on 22 HD flat screen TVs. There is no cover but a $20 minimum per person food and beverage applies.
• Lagasse’s Stadium @ Palazzo, 702-414-4895: Watch the fights on more than 100 flat screen TVs while enjoying chef Emeril Lagasse’s gourmet bar food. Food and beverage minimums apply for all seated areas. For reservations, please call 702-607-2665. Lagasse’s Stadium presents a “Ladies from MMA” meet and greet session from 7 p.m. until 10 p.m. during the fight. Kim Couture and Cris Cyborg, along with twenty other female MMA fighters, will host the viewing party and sign memorabilia.Pre-fight and afterparties:
• Thiago Alves at Blush: UFC fighter and muay thai specialist Thiago Alves presents a fight weekend kick-off party at Blush, prior to UFC 132.
• Tito Ortiz at Gallery: UFC fighter Tito Ortiz hosts his after fight party at Gallery Nightclub following his battle against Ryan Bader.
• Ryan Bader hosts at Chateau: Ryan Bader hosts his official after-fight party at Chateau Nightclub and Gardens. "Darth" Bader will take on Tito “The Huntington Beach Bad Boy” Ortiz.
• Wanderlei Silva at Tabú: Whether Chris "The Crippler" Leben cripples him or not, middleweight fighter Wanderlei Silva will host his after fight party at Tabu Ultralounge at MGM.
• Urijah Faber's after fight party at Playboy Club: Following his bout against Dominick Cruz at UFC 132, former WEC World Featherweight champion Urijah Faber hosts his after fight party at Playboy Club, presented by FORM Athletics and MMA Inc.
• Dominick Cruz hosts at Studio 54: Following his fight down the hall at the MGM Grand Garden Arena, UFC fighter Dominick Cruz hosts his afterparty at Studio 54.