In Las Vegas, PBR means more than just a beer hipsters have claimed as their own. It stands for Professional Bull Riders who will be bucking their way to the coveted World Champion belt buckle at the Built Ford Tough World Finals at the Thomas & Mack center. Aside from the actual bull riding, venues all over town are having concerts, parties and drink specials to get you in the proper frame of mind.
Wednesday, October 24 and ongoing weekend events:
• Crazy Horse III, inside the Playground adult nightlife complex, offers one complimentary drink to patrons who show their ticket stub from the Professional Bull Riders World Finals from Wednesday through Sunday.
• The PBR Fan Zone & Marketplace offers sponsor displays, Flint Rasmussen’s “Outside the Barrel” show, Wool Warriors, Chris Shivers’ Mini Bull Riding, live music on the Cooper Tires Stage and more. The event is located in the south parking lot of the Mandalay Bay Resort & Casino.
• PBR Rock Bar inside Miracle Mile Shops at Planet Hollywood Resort & Casino will partner with Pabst Blue Ribbon to host a fundraiser for the Rider Relief Fund, including an open bar. PBR Rock Bar will sell its famous silver and gold bull cups for $25 at the Mandalay Bay and Thomas & Mack fan zones from Tuesday through Sunday. With purchase, guests receive a redeemable ticket that will grant them a Pabst Blue Ribbon open bar Saturday evening from 11 p.m. until 1 a.m. in Rock Bar. Patrons must purchase the bulls from the fan zones to receive the open bar, but will not need to bring the bull to take advantage of the drink specials. Proceeds will support the Rider Relief Fund, aiding injured riders and bullfighters.
• Fans will have the opportunity to hear PBR World Champions talk about what it is like to earn the coveted belt buckle at the South Point. PBR World Champions scheduled to attend are Adriano Moraes (1994, 2001,and 2006), Troy Dunn (1998), Cody Hart (1999), Chris Shivers (2000 and 2003), Ednei Caminhas (2002), Mike Lee (2004), Justin McBride (2005, 2007), Guilherme Marchi (2008), Kody Lostroh (2009), Renato Nunes (2010) and Silvano Alves (2011). Past riders will also join the competitors in the 2012 World Finals for the Ultimate PBR Bull Rider Meet & Greet following the panel discussion.
• Fans are invited to watch all the action during the Pabst Blue Ribbon Party Barn viewing parties at PBR Rock Bar. From 6 until 8:30 p.m. from Wednesday to Saturday and 11:30 a.m. until 2:30 p.m. on Sunday. Fans can enjoy $5 Pabst Blue Ribbon cans and drafts and $5 Jack Daniel’s cocktails. After the events every night, revelers can party with the top riders in Rock Bar at the official Pabst Blue Ribbon after-party starting at 9 p.m., and enjoy $5 Pabst Blue Ribbon cans and drafts and $5 Jack Daniel’s cocktails.
• Head to the 8 Second Lounge at Centrifuge at MGM Grand to party with the bull riders after they take on the toughest bulls in the world Wednesday. The riders return to the lounge Saturday to draft the bull they will battle during the next round of competition.
Thursday, October 25:
• Starting at 9 p.m. with a live performance by the Garage Boys, PBR fans can enjoy $5 Pabst Blue Ribbon cans and drafts and $5 Jack Daniel’s cocktails. The Professional Bull Rider Draw will commence at 10 p.m., when the top 40 riders will be paired with their bulls.
Friday, October 26
• The Golden Nugget welcomes country group Mustang Sally into its showroom. This all-female country group is comprised of Tobi Lee, Lisa Romeo, Rachel Solomon, Sarah Wilfong and Brenda Zitzman.
• During the PBR World Finals, MGM Grand will be home to the top Brazilian bull riders in the world including three-time PBR World Champion Adriano Moraes, reigning PBR World Champion and current No. 1 bull rider in the world Silvano Alves, 2010 PBR World Champion Renato Nunes, 2008 World Champion Guilherme Marchi, 2008 PBR World Finals champion Robson Palermo, current No. 2 bull rider Valdiron de Oliveira and top-ranked riders Fabiano Vieira, Marco Eguchi, Emilio Resende and Paulo Lima. The Brazilian bull riders will meet with fans and sign autographs in the MGM Grand lobby Friday from 2 p.m. to 3 p.m.
• PBR Rock Bar hosts a draft event complete with a live band performance, $5 Pabst Blue Ribbon cans and drafts and $5 Jack Daniel’s cocktails. The draft will begin at 10 p.m. Scores from previous days' competition will be combined to decide the order in which the riders draft.
Sunday, October 28
• Celebrate with the new PBR World Champion and the other bull riders as the 2012 PBR World Finals wrap up. Musician Sam Riddle will perform.
• Award-winning singer/songwriter Easton Corbin will open Championship Sunday at the PBR Built Ford Tough World Finals at the Thomas & Mack Center. The country singer will take the stage at 11 a.m. to officially begin the final day of World Finals competition.