We were browsing through Ticketfly listings this week when we noticed that Macaulay Culkin’s Velvet Underground cover band is coming to town with Har Mar Superstar. Didn’t know the Home Alone actor played music, let alone had a cover band? Here are 5 things you need to know about The Pizza Underground.
1. Culkin’s band does Velvet Underground covers, but changes the subject of Lou Reed’s beloved lyrics so they're all about pizza—hence the name, The Pizza Underground. Yes, every song is about pizza. Every. Single. One.
2. They had beer cans thrown at them and were booed off stage at Nottingham’s Dot to Dot festival, then they were booed again at the festival’s Bristol edition.
3. Their Twitter handle is @cheesedayz.
4. The PU’s January-released demo features songs like “I’m Waiting for the Delivery Man” and “All the Pizza Parties.”
5. Culkin and his band recorded those PU demos in his house in November of 2013. He contributed percussion, vocals and kazoo.
The Pizza Underground opening for Har Mar Superstar with Love Sick Radio, Water Landing, Leaving Springfield, The Psyatics. November 16, 8 p.m., $12-$15. LVCS, 702-382-3531.