1. Strip superstars: Las Vegas’ top five highest-paid resident DJs (April 26) We looked at Forbes, Pollstar and Las Vegas’ megabucks DJ wars to determine which resident Strip beatmeister brought in the most bucks in 2012. Hakkasan residents Tiësto and Steve Aoki served as bookends, with an eye-bulging range of $12 to $22 million.
2. The 20 most important restaurants in Las Vegas (February 16) Weekly food editor Brock Radke echoed Bon Appétit Restaurant Editor Andrew Knowlton’s “20 Most Important Restaurants in America” by naming the top 20 eateries in the city—and ranking them, from MGM Grand’s L’Atelier de Joël Robuchon to cozy coffee shop the Peppermill. As a bonus, prominent local chefs and restaurateurs shared their favorites around town.
3. EDC 2013 reveals its lineup! (May 1) With tens of thousands of kandi kids now flocking to the Las Vegas Motor Speedway each June, it comes as no surprise that Electric Daisy Carnival stories are popular reads at lasvegasweekly.com. Festival producer Insomniac released its lineup just weeks before the three-day rave, and a lot of you were eager to see who would be playing the Speedway.
4. Adult Entertainment Expo 2014 tickets on sale now (May 22) We won’t lie, we like the porn convention a lot, too! Because nothing says “Vegas” like watching James Deen drop trou to shake his ass for a trio of middle-aged ladies. And if you contributed to this story’s success, keep an eye out for our upcoming coverage of AEE 2014!
5. The Weekly Interview: Siegfried & Roy, 10 years later (October 3) As the anniversary of Roy’s unfortunate accident with the magician duo’s white tiger Montecore approached, Las Vegas Sun’s John Katsilometes was invited inside the former Strip headliners’ Little Bavaria compound to discuss their early careers, relationship and the fateful October night that changed their lives forever.
6. EDC announces ticket onsale for 2014 (November 18) The first details of 2014’s Electric Daisy Carnival came mid last month, when Insomniac announced the upcoming festival’s June dates and one major change affecting the purchase of tickets.
7. 10 burgers to eat right now (May 9) From fancy Strip restaurants to food trucks, Weekly’s foodies scoured the Valley to compile this edible checklist of the best burgers Vegas has to offer – and at any price, too. You’re welcome.
8. 10 things you need to know about Hakkasan (May 29) Part restaurant, part nightclub, Hakkasan boasts an astounding 80,000 square feet – and that’s a lot of party space to explore. We better acquainted you with Hakkasan by offering up a few fun facts about the MGM nightspot.
9. EDC festival set times and schedule announced (June 19) Insomniac released the 2013 fest’s most anticipated details just days before the party at the Speedway kicked off. And with schedule conflicts to work out, many of you used the Weekly website to fill your itineraries.
10. Nico Vega’s Aja Volkman on marrying Imagine Dragons’ Dan Reynolds and bringing their baby on tour (February 5) The married musician went on tour with hubby Dan, opening for Imagine Dragons with her Nico Vega outfit across the country – including a hometown set in February at the Joint. Weekly caught up with the frontwoman to talk a new album, touring with Blondie and more.