DJ Joey D was born and raised in the suburbs of New York City. At the age of 15, Joseph developed a love for music. After pleading with his mother to buy him turntables, he started playing music for neighborhood parties and soon began performing for private events and school dances.
At 16, Joey established his own mobile DJ service (In The Mixx). DJ Joey D quickly became one of the most popular DJs for private parties throughout Fairfield County, Connecticut and Westchester County, New York.
At age 20, he began spinning for top clubs in the tri-state area. Joseph energized the dance floors of more than twenty nightclubs including the legendary Palladium and the prestigious Tavern on the Green in New York City.
In May of 1993, Joey opened his own record shop (Joey D‚s Records), catering exclusively to disc jockeys and music professionals.
His expertise and knowledge about music attracted DJs from the northeast not only for records and CDs, but also for guidance and programming consultation.
In September of 1998, Joey received an invitation to work in a new nightclub in Lake Tahoe, Nevada. He accepted the position of Head DJ at Lily's Beach Club in the Horizon Casino Resort.
By 2002, Joseph had spun his way to become Head DJ and Music Director at the legendary Studio 54 in the MGM Grand, and today, Joey is spinning at the top venues in fabulous Las Vegas Nevada.
- Real name
- Joey DiMarino
- Name orgins
- I'm Italian and grew up in an Italian neighborhood and there were a lot of Joeys. My last name is DiMarino so they named me Joey D--really just my name. There was Joey A, Joey B and I was Joey D.
- Current status
- Las Vegas
- Years spinning
- 80s, Hip hop, House, Old school, Rock
- Favorite place to listen
- any club in Vegas
- Favorite place to play
- Studio 54
- Past gigs
- Studio 54-2000-08; Cherry-07; Tangerine-06-07; Hard Rock-02
- Danny Caneglia, Grandmaster Flash
- Sounds like
- energetic, party
- DJ gear
- Mac Book Pro, Serrato Scratch Life, turntables and vinyl technics 1200s