A favorite amongst some of the music industry’s biggest players including Mariah Carey, Diddy, Russell Simmons, Kanye West and Wyclef Jean, as well as supermodels Giselle Bundchen and Selita Ebanks, DJ M.O.S fuels the energy of the nation’s most exclusive events and evening hot-spots.
Known for breaking new music, M.O.S., has taken his humble musical roots of playing the piano and saxophone music and turned them into a successful career.
The New Yorker is a regular at high-profile nightclubs and events across the country including Marquee, Tenjune, Butter, Tao, Mansion, Room Service and Prive. M.O.S. has also spun at Fashion Week and industry events for top-tier publications such as Elle, People and Black Book magazines.
Building a strong following amongst celebrities, socialites and tastemakers, M.O.S. combines a unique mixture of rock, soul, hip-hop, house and ‘80s and ‘90s classics.
- Real name
- Masud Ogbonna Semple
- Name orgins
- It's actually an acronym for my name. It's Masud Ogbonna Semple. Masud means fortune in Swahili. I was already DJing and I was on stage and they were like, What's your DJ name? I couldn't think of anything else.
- Current status
- Performing locally and nationally
- New York
- Years spinning
- 80s, Hip hop, House
- Favorite place to listen
- Joe's Pub, NY
- Favorite song
- Baby Be Mine by Michael Jackson
- Favorite place to play
- Tao Las Vegas is like every night is New Years Eve.
- Past gigs
- Tao/07-present; Marquee, NY/07-present; Arena, NY/07-present
- Michael Jackson, Gang Starr, Funk Master Flex, Kid Capri, Red Alert, Mark Ronson, the New York hip-hop club scene
- Sounds like
- '70s classics, a lot more soulful stuff.
- DJ gear
- Technics 1200s, Rane 56 or 57 mixer, Serato Scratch LIVE, MacBook Pro
- Piano, Saxophone
- Booking contact
- Akil Rucker