Find a DJ
Garnetta started her DJ career in Atlanta in 1996. She choose to go into DJing because her mother said, "Go for your dreams, baby, and be great!" So, with that being said, Garnetta began playing at places like Club Millennium and private parties all over Atlanta. Her continued background in show business allowed her to be both in the back lines and focus. She eventually moved back home to Chicago where her career really began to take flight, perfomring alongside influential DJs like 3º Degrees, Lidell Townsell, Mel Hammond and Gene Ferris. She has played in several places in the U.S. like Atlanta, Chicago, St. Louis, Madison, Miami, Detroit and Las Vegas. All of this eventually inspired her newest endeavor, SheFM.
SheFM is an international community of women in electronic dance music. She created SheFM as a centralized outlet for women to be in the forefront of all the genres of electronic dance music worldwide. In doing so, she has some great alliances with other female power houses such as Girls Gone Vinyl, Czarina of 5 Magazine and Melanie Sutherland of Toronto. Furthemore, Garnetta has been producing music since the age of 12, with a few releases under her belt. She is committed to making a difference in all aspects of music and contributing to a culture of people who agree, "House is our Home." Now new to Las Vegas, Garnetta is seeking a few houses to call her home.
- Real name
- Garnetta Clark
- Name orgins
- The name is inherited from my great grandmother. My grandmother paid the hospital bill for my birth so she insisted I be named Garnetta.
- Current status
- Owner/CEO/Global Strategists for SheFM© radio (online)
- Las Vegas
- Years spinning
- Favorite place to listen
- Downtown Cocktail Room, Vangaurd Lounge and The Lady Sylvia
- Favorite song
- Slick 1 by Garnetta
- Past gigs
- KittyBar in Las Vegas. In Chicago: SmartBAr, Zentra, and the Roof @ Wit.
- My mother, Chicago Hot Mix 5, SuperJane - Colette, Lady D, Dayhota, Chaka Khan, Green Velvet and Jevon Jackson
- Sounds like
- This is what my listeners say, "You've always had your own style when I have heard you play." My unique sound could be compared to Nicole Moudaber & Jevon Jackson
- DJ gear
- Turntables, Serato, Numark, Pioneer
- Serato, Turntables
- Booking contact
DJ of the Week