Find a DJ
Zach Loczi, one of the country’s most acclaimed and in-demand disc jockeys, has been taking the DJ world by storm during the past twelve years and is only continuing to grow. Born in Detroit, Michigan, DJ Loczi spent his early life living in Sweden, Southern California and London, combining each culture and musical influence to create his own unique sound. Citing London’s vibrant music scene and respect for the art of DJing as his biggest influence, DJ Loczi is known for being a mixing technician virtuoso and a mastermind for reading a crowd. No other DJ has combined the likes of acts from so many different spectrums, influenced by Pink Floyd, Simon & Garfunkel, The Doors, Phil Collins, Wu-Tang Clan, NWA and old Doc Martin warehouse mix tapes.
Trained as a top level producer and remixer in pop, hip-hop, electro, house and downtempo by the esteemed Icon Collective and the exclusive Red Bull Music Academy (which only accepts sixty DJs from around the world and three from the US) on a full scholarship, Loczi has produced for major motion pictures and television commercials, acted as producer and booking agent for festivals and concerts, and played such elite venues as Madonna’s Closing Tour Party, the Grammy’s After-Party and San Diego’s Superbowl Party.
Currently a resident DJ at the MGM Grand’s Studio 54 in Las Vegas, Fleetwood and Andaz in San Diego and Pure in Texas, to name a few, DJ Loczi is also heard bi-weekly on 99.1KGGI FM in California, on the internet’s #1 rated mix show theSHOCKWAVEmix.com and www.superradiomix.com. Some sponsors include LRG (Lifted Research Group) Clothing, Hellatight Hats and Pony. He is currently promoting Soul of Our City, his hit CD of classic and modern mixes that has been widely praised by critics and audiences alike.
- Real name
- Zachary Loczi
- Current status
- Spinning Friday at Studio 54, Saturday night at Tabu Ultra Lounge and Saturday during the day at Liquid Pool at Aria.
- Las Vegas
- Years spinning
- Favorite song
- "Today-In For The Kill" by La Roux
- Favorite place to play
- Studio 54 at night & Liquid Pool during the day
- Tom Middleton, Roger Waters, Phil Collins, Quincy Jones, Bruce Haack, Stevie Wonder, Kurtis Blow, Jam Master Jay, Kid Jay
- DJ gear
- 2 Technics MK5 Turntables, Pioneer DJM 800 or Rane TTM 57 w/ Pioneer EFX box 1000, MacPro Laptop w/ Serato Scratch Live
- MacBook, Rane, Serato, Technics, Turntables
- Soul Of Our City-December 2009. BodyRok-November 2008. Soundolgoy Vol. 4: The Shockwave Mix-December 2006. Soundology Vol. 2 & 3: Live in London-August 2005. Soundology Vol. 1: Live in San Francisco-June 2004. Swerve-2002. Scifidelity-2000. Progressive Evolution-1999.
- Booking contact
- Freddy Colon (F.I.R.E.)
DJ of the Week