1. Big League Weekend Every March, the Chicago Cubs pack Cashman Stadium for two exhibition games against MLB opponents—and these days, that means locals are assured an up-close look at one of the best teams in baseball.
2. NASCAR Weekend(s) The springtime Speedway tradition, which draws tens of thousands of fans to the track for multiple races, has been so successful, the stock-car circuit awarded Vegas a second stop, beginning next September.
3. Las Vegas Summer League Steph Curry, Russell Westbrook, Kawhi Leonard and tons of other NBA stars have participated in this preseason camp, which features more than 20 rosters loaded with rising talent.
4. Wrangler National Finals Rodeo The “Super Bowl of Rodeo” sets up shop at the Thomas & Mack every December, bringing cowboy hats, bold belt buckles and big-name country music stars to town by the truckload.
5. USA Sevens Rugby Since moving into Sam Boyd Stadium in 2010, this yearly spring gathering has become a true celebration—of scrums and grubber kicks, along with beer, food and flags from participating nations.