1. Bellagio Conservatory & Botanical Garden The Harvest Show transforms the 14,000 square-foot indoor garden into a wonderland tailor-made for Instagram.
2. Haunted Harvest at Springs Preserve Halloween comes early. Kids will love the trick-or-treating and petting zoo; you’ll dig the wistful nostalgia. October 13-15, 20-22 & 27-29; $8.
3. Mount Charleston Our mountain getaway typically turns gold and orange in late September, and it’s always sweater weather up there. Wear a nice wool one on a weekend hike.
4. Halloween Town Pumpkin Patch Offering up carnival rides, games and lots of potential jack-o’-lanterns in waiting. October 5-31. 510 S. Rampart Blvd., 702-664-9231.
5. Floyd Lamb Park Our summers are stubborn hangers-on, but when the moment comes, these cottonwood trees explode with color. 9200 Tule Springs Road, 702-229-8100.