While Hollywood’s finest sashay down the red carpet, decked out in on-loan Fred Leighton and vintage whoever, Las Vegans can capture a bit of the glamor without leaving town. On March 7, the M Resort hosts one of 50 Oscar Night America parties going down across the nation, and it’s the best place in town to partake of the festivities ... except, perhaps, your own living room. For some of us, Hollywood’s annual praisefest goes down better with booze. And so, we present the Weekly’s official Academy Awards drinking game:
• Every time a winner thanks the Academy, everyone takes a drink. Yep, every single time.
• Each time Avatar wins an award, everyone takes a swig from someone’s else’s drink.
• Every time Up is mentioned, everyone stands up; the last person to do so has to finish their drink.
• While the sound-editing Oscar is awarded, the first player to connect cohosts Steve Martin and Alec Baldwin, via acting roles, within six degrees, can give away six drinks.
• Anytime Jeff Bridges appears onscreen, everyone must yell out a quote from The Big Lebowski. The last to do so must chug a White Russian.