1. Picasso: Creatures and Creativity (Bellagio Gallery of Fine Art) It takes place in a boudoir. It feels like sci-fi. It reads like a graphic novel. Picasso’s prints raise questions about his psychology no one dares answer.
2. Recent Acquisitions (Barrick Museum) These works, by 32 Las Vegas-connected artists, did the city proud.
3. David Ryan (Michele C. Quinn Fine Art Advisory) The sculptor scales down and goes intimate, revealing astonishing, painterly superpowers.
4. John Millei: If 6 Turned Out to Be 9 (Barrick Museum) These canvases are so hyper-controlled they’re the opposite of letting go. But he’s letting go.
5. Pasha Rafat: Light Works (Brett Wesley Gallery) Tight light. Architectural installations transform the gallery into an optical illusion machine.