1. The Nether (Cockroach Theatre) Brooding and disturbing, it slipped under your skin and took you places you’d prefer not to have gone—yet didn’t let you look away.
2. Sense and Sensibility (Nevada Conservatory Theatre) Cleverly staged, witty and unabashedly romantic, it earned every squeal of delight and wistful tear.
3. Iphigenia 2k16 (The Lab) Funky immersive physical theater that took a Greek classic and made it a spectacle in stairwells, loading docks and found spaces throughout Emergency Arts.
4. Memphis (Super Summer Theatre & P.S. Productions) A top-to-bottom knockout at every level, with great dancing, a rockin’ band and ace performances from Ayler Evans and Kasi Jones.
5. Constellations (Cockroach Theatre) This bright, little romantic comedy with a high concept featured incredible work from actors Maythinee Washington and Erik Amblad.