This time last year, the Trinity of Terrors horror film festival (plus Slipknot concert) was gearing up at the Palms. Attendance was high, and word was that a three-year deal had been struck with the resort. This year, however, the festival is conspicuously absent. Slipknot manager Cory Brennan says that he “decided to pass” on this year, “but we are hoping to move forward with it next year.” A Palms spokesperson says no three-year deal was ever in place, and Brian Epling of Brenden Theatres says he has “other people chomping at the bit that want to do very similar festivals for 2011.” Whatever the case, horror fans will have to wait another year to get their festival fix.
Wed, Oct 27, 2010 (3 p.m.)
Josh Bell is the film editor for Las Vegas Weekly, where he's been writing movie and TV reviews since 2002. ...