1. Coffee Hunter Get a Portland-style coffee experience with Stumptown roasts, cold-brew drinks, nitros, shakes, “cookie shots” and pastries from local bakery La Belle Terre Bread. 7425 S. Eastern Ave. #102, 702-586-5002.
2. Grouchy John’s The walls are covered in art, books are available for perusal and the latte assortment is terrific. Try the white chocolate-and-banana Albino Monkey. 8520 S. Maryland Parkway, 702-778-7553.
3. Sunrise Coffee Relax on the trellised outdoor patio, complete with climbing plants. The coffee is organic fair trade, and vegetarian and vegan eats abound. 3130 E. Sunset Road #A, 702-433-3304.
4. PublicUs Head here for delicious lattes and a full menu. Nature and art meet up, with real trees poking through family-sized wooden tables. 1126 Fremont St., 702-331-5500.
5. Cafe Darak This eclectic shop has cool seating, from sofa chairs to a Volkswagen van tent, and each drink plate comes adorned with a small toy. 8665 W. Flamingo Road #105, 702-706-4935.