1. Tacos El Gordo Spicy, sweet, sublime adobada is one of the city’s best bites. El Gordo is simply food from heaven. Three locations, tacoselgordobc.com.
2. Taco Y Taco So many meats! Experiment with all of them, but don’t miss the chicharrón—crunchy, fatty, porky bliss. 3430 E. Tropicana Ave., 702-330-3015; 9470 S. Eastern Ave., 702-749-7091.
3. Frijoles & Frescas Pure taco satisfaction here, thanks to tortillas stuffed with meat, beans, cheese, avocado, sour cream and pico de gallo. 4811 S. Rainbow Blvd., 702-483-5399; 7000 W. Charleston Blvd., 702-240-2750.
4. China Poblano It’s a fancier restaurant from a celeb chef, but don’t sleep on the fresh-made tortillas and innovative ingredients. Cosmopolitan, 702-698-7900.
5. Taco Tijuana See a tiny taco shop on the east side? Try it. This adobada rivals El Gordo’s, and the lengua is top-notch, too. 2554 E. Tropicana Ave., 702-547-9163.