Every casino seems to have a top-notch cocktail bar these days, but Mandalay Bay’s new Rx Boiler Room is unique in its ambition and attention to creative boozy details. Here’s a closer look at some of the most popular and interactive concoctions on this ever-changing menu:
Smoked Whiskey & Cola
• This one comes to the table in a glass skull full of smoke, recycled containers from Dan Aykroyd’s Crystal Head Vodka.
• The Rx cola syrup has too many ingredients to name and takes about four hours per batch.
• George Dickel Tennessee Whisky, cola syrup and bitters are smoothed out over ice for the right viscosity and to ready the ingredients for smoking.
• Cherrywood is the chosen cut to pump in deep, smoky flavor.
• The saturated cherries used for garnish are soaked for at least 48 hours in house-made brandy, cherry liqueur and Aztec chocolate bitters—and are absolutely delicious.
• Click here to see how this cocktail is served!
You Are Berry Punch Drunk
• The Boiler Room version of sangria, this is a smooth and fruity punch anybody can fall in love with.
• The punch is served in an Erlenmeyer flask for a little mad scientist fun, then poured into a pewter glass.
• Briottet Creme de Mure is a French blackberry liqueur, amazing all by itself.
• Atlantico Reserva rum, D’Ussé cognac, spicy Batavia Arrack liqueur, fresh lemon, orange bitters and a splash of Moscato D’Asti round out this punchy punch.
• Finally, liquid nitrogen comes into play again, lending that Jekyll and Hyde touch.
• Served from one of two custom cocktail carts for easy tableside action.
• Absolut Elyx is premium vodka stilled in copper pots, explaining its unique display.
• Cocchi Americano is an Italian aperitif, but more of a Lillet-esque fortified wine than the super-bitter Campari.
• Grapefruit oil is squeezed over a match for a little fun with flames.
• Absolut Elyx, Cocchi Americano and Peychaud’s Bitters are mixed with smoked sea salt and grapefruit oils, thanks to a magnetic pill that keeps things blending.
• Liquid nitrogen is the coolest way to cool things off.
Papa’s Got a Brand New Shaker
• The other cart cocktail uses 10 Cane Rum, house-made spiced grapefruit and lime cordial, anise liqueur, ginger-sugar bitters and a rolled grapefruit cube as garnish.
• The high-tech yet simple Perlini carbonation system ensures light bubbles will make these flavors dance as you imbibe.
• Rx makes its own cordial with a well-spiced base and fruit flavors of grapefruit, lime and cherry.
• Thanks to the Perlini system, this velvety, effervescent drink has as much fun with texture as it does with flavor.