1. Craft beer garden The beer-drinkers’ destination gets a carpet of grass this year, so you can down brews from Ballast Point, Green Flash, Rogue and more picnic-style.
2. Dancetronauts If the International Space Station threw a party, it might be something like this booty-shakin’, high-energy dance troupe, which has played EDC and Burning Man, as well. Also getting bodies moving: Fitmob, a San Francisco fitness company offering drop-in midday workouts (in case you want to burn off all that beer).
3. The Reasons Why I Love You Step up to the iPad and type in a reason why you love the friend/significant other/total stranger next to you. Two actors on a retro stage set will read your words live, turning your affection into real-time theater.
4. Lionel Express Oh yes they did. Instead of a shuttle, LIB has a massive conga line running every 30 minutes between the Downtown and Ambassador stages, set to the sweet sounds of Richie’s “Dancing on the Ceiling.”
5. Easter eggs Keep an eye out for one of the 4,000 Easter eggs hidden around the fest grounds holding inspirational sayings and love notes. Better yet, find a golden egg and score a prize.
6. Bike to blend Stop by the Bacardi booth and mix your own cocktail using a bicycle-powered blender.
7. PostSecret Dome The popular blog’s sometimes hilarious, sometimes heartbreaking secret-bearing postcards will be projected inside Container Park’s dome.
8. Happy Wall Artist Thomas Dambo calls this an “analog interactive pixel sculpture,” a wall of wooden tiles that can be flipped to change color, redesigning the image in countless ways.
9. Huntridge Stage Last year your feet hurt. This year, the turf-blanketed Huntridge will be your favorite place to park when you need a break from the blacktop, the heat and the whines of your toes.