1. John Mulaney (March 6, Mirage) Nobody’s more honed in with tight writing and a specific viewpoint than Mulaney, who burned through 84 hilarious minutes.
2. Kids in the Hall (June 5, Treasure Island) The reunited Canadian troupe performed greatest hits and some newer stuff, drawing roaring laughter with both.
3. Iliza Shlesinger (November 14, Venetian) Manic energy matched smart, reality-based jokes for an excellent night of comedy.
4. Whitney Cummings (March 14, Venetian) The mind behind Lipshtick seemed quite comfortable on the stage bearing her show’s name, utilizing material and crowd work in a memorable set.
5. Sebastian Maniscalco (May 24, Venetian) It’s less about what he says than the way he says it, and the way he says it can make you laugh a lot no matter what he’s saying.