1. 11th Street Records Head to Downtown’s newish vinyl outpost for its organized, old-school vibe, and to gaze at the primo (and pricier) platters along its walls. 1023 Fremont St., 702-527-7990.
2. Moondog Records The focus is on used vinyl—check out the metal and punk sections—at this University District spot, with deals to be found at its semi-regular sidewalk sales. 4440 S. Maryland Parkway #112, 702-802-3333.
3. Record City This longtime Southwest outpost, which still has two locations here, cycles through used vinyl and CDs daily, so revisit often for max success. 300 E. Sahara Ave., 702-735-1126; 4555 E. Charleston Blvd. #102, 702-457-8626.
4. Wax Trax Records Home to Vegas’ drool-worthiest record stash, this labyrinthine funhouse can be tough on newbies but rewarding for those with advanced digging skills. 2909 S. Decatur Blvd., 702-362-4300.
5. Zia Record Exchange Trade in unwanteds, then shop on credit for LPs, CDs, DVDs, books and more at two local locations of this Arizona chain. 4225 S. Eastern Ave., 702-735-4942; 4503 W. Sahara Ave., 702-233-4942.