1. Utah Shakespeare Festival (Cedar City) Some come for outdoor exploration and museums, but the main attraction is this acclaimed festival, whose season begins on June 29. 200 W. College Ave., bard.org.
2. Eldorado Canyon Mine Tours (Nelson) Take a walking tour of a former gold and silver mine, and enjoy the view of the Colorado River. 16880 State Highway 165, eldoradocanyon minetours.com.
3. Hualapai Mountain Park (Kingman, Arizona) Go for a disc golf course hidden in the wooded mountains, stay for the hiking and biking trails. 6250 Hualapai Mountain Road, mcparks.com.
4. Pahrump Valley Winery (Pahrump) Our rocky terrain might not scream “wine country,” but this winery is growing award-winning Zins and Syrahs. 3810 Winery Road, pahrumpwinery.com.
5. Tube Float (Parker, Arizona) At the annual Parker Tube Float, you’ll launch from Buckskin Mountain State Park and float three miles down the Colorado River. June 10, $20-$25, parkerfun.com.