1. Vegas Roots Located on five acres of land north of Downtown, this nonprofit community garden offers chances to learn, volunteer and participate. 715 N. Tonopah Drive, 702-636-4152, vegasroots.org.
2. Las Vegas Farm Purchase free-range eggs along with raw honey made by bees on the premises. Weekends offer a farmers market. 7222 W. Grand Teton Drive, 702-982-8000, thelasvegasfarm.com.
3. Quail Hollow Farm This plucky Overton farm offers seasonal subscriptions and a variety of pick-up points in Las Vegas. 1395 N. Anderson St., 702-397-2021, Overton, quailhollowfarmcsa.com.
4. Las Vegas Food Co-Op Contracting with nearby farmers and ranchers, this co-op does grass-fed beef and also offers eggs, honey, nuts and produce in season. vegasfoodcoop.com.
5. Nevada Grown A nonprofit that promotes sustainable agriculture in Nevada, this hub for farmers and farmers markets even sells a cookbook. nevadagrown.com.