The results are in for the latest edition of The Village Voice’s prestigious Pazz & Jop critics poll, and the winner is … Las Vegas Weekly! Okay, TV on the Radio’s Dear Science and M.I.A.’s “Paper Planes” garnered best album and track, respectively. But LVW did all right, too, accounting for—count ’em—six writer’s ballots, from staffer Spencer Patterson and regular contributors Kristyn Pomranz, Julie Seabaugh, Andy Wang, Ben Westhoff and Annie Zaleski.
Here’s what the poll’s results would have looked like had only that sextet’s choices been counted:
1. Erykah Badu, New Amerykah, Pt. 1 (25 points)
1. Kanye West, 808s & Heartbreak (25)
1. Wolf Parade, At Mount Zoomer (25)
4. Beck, Modern Guilt (20)
4. Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds, Dig!!! Lazarus Dig!!! (20)
4. Portishead, Third (20)
4. Santogold, Santogold (20)
4. Vampire Weekend, Vampire Weekend (20)
9. Xiu Xiu, Women as Lovers (16)
10. Tie between six artists with 15 points, including TV on the Radio, Lil Wayne and The Killers.