1. Old-school punk faithfuls turned out in droves Saturday to see Dwarves and five other bands perform on what was sure to be a late night.
2. Fearless Dwarves leader Blag “The Ripper” Dahlia led his band into the desert without his right-hand man, legendary masked guitarist HeWhoCannotBeNamed, who stayed back in Oakland to perform a solo show.
3. Though the guys might be slowing down physically after three decades as a band, they’re still as offensive musically as 17-year-old gutter-punks. If you take it personally you just don’t get it.
4. Dwarves performed an uncharacteristically long 40-minute set, nearly twice as long as the last time I saw them.
5. If you missed it, don’t worry: Dwarves announced they’ll be back in town for May’s Punk Rock Bowling festival.