Sports books offer proposition wagers for virtually everything on Super Bowl 49—so long as it pertains to the actual game. Tourists are annually disappointed to find out that offshore shops are the only place where they can gamble on things like New England coach Bill Belichick’s attire (sleeveless hoodie is a slight favorite over sleeved hoodie) or halftime performer Katy Perry’s setlist (“Roar” and “Firework” are co-favorites to be the opener). But frustrations fade when you really look at what oddsmakers have dreamt up within the Nevada Gaming Control Board’s rules.
Every sports book in town prints pages of betting options with ways to get action on every notable player; the Westgate Las Vegas Superbook alone posted more than 350 prop bets on this year’s game. We did a deep dive on the Superbook’s in-high-demand, novel-length prop book to uncover a sampling of this year’s options.
• Total passing yards for Tom Brady: over/under 262.5
• Longest rush by Marshawn Lynch: over/under 18.5
• Coach to use the first challenge flag: Bill Belichick minus-110 vs. Pete Carroll minus-110
• Which will have more: Manchester City goals against Chelsea minus-175 (risking $1.75 to win $1) vs. Russell Wilson interceptions plus-155 (risking $1 to win $1.55)
• Total tackles for Richard Sherman: under 3.5 at plus-110
• More receiving yards: Doug Baldwin plus-23.5 vs. Rob Gronkowski