Far from your normal Point A to Point B kind of road trip, the Rubies Route’s hub is Elko, with three main spokes all leading to scenic slices of recreation-packed paradise. Chase trails and trout in stunning Lamoille Canyon, wildlife and water at Ruby Lake and Angel Lake, or go wild on the way to Jarbidge, one of the West's last true frontier towns.
- Hike, fish, and make Kodak moments in spectacular Lamoille Canyon
- Birdwatch and kayak the labyrinthine waters of 370K-acre Ruby Lake
- Dirt-road it over 8,500-ft wilderness passes to the off-grid town of Jarbidge
- Spot mountain goats, bighorn sheep, and pronghorn antelope at Angel Lake
- Feast on steaks, lamb chops, Picon Punches, and other Basque delicacies in Elko
Elko | Lamoille Canyon | Jarbidge | Ruby Valley | Wells
Click HERE for the full itinerary.
Discover upcoming events, places to visit, and things to do on your next Nevada escape. CLICK to subscribe for out-of-the-ordinary trip ideas – delivered straight to your inbox.