1. Congressional District 2, which includes all of Nevada outside Clark County and certain parts of Clark County, has incumbent Republican Dean Heller facing off against Democrat Nancy Price and Independent Russell Best.
2. The attorney general seat is again up for grabs. Incumbent Democrat Catherine Cortez Masto is running against Republican Travis Barrick and Independent Joel F. Hansen. Masto made headlines earlier this year when she refused to join the multi-state suit filed against the federal government over health care reform, saying she wanted to save Nevada money.
3. Congressional District 3, which includes parts of Las Vegas, Henderson, North Las Vegas and Summerlin, features incumbent Democrat Dina Titus defending her seat against Republican Joe Heck.
4. Republican incumbent Lieutenant Governor Brian Krolicki squares off against Democrat Jessica Sferrazza and Independent Ryan Fitzgibbons. Given that this official also serves as chairman of the Nevada commissions on Tourism and Economic Development, and given Nevada’s current financial state, this position is far more than just a title.
5. And, when it comes to the governor’s race, judge the candidates by their positions, not their last names.