Privé nightclub's appeal of its permanent liquor license rejection, scheduled for today, was postponed at the last possible moment this morning until 9:15 a.m., August 18. In a statement issued to media, Clark County director of communication Erik Pappa said, "The owners of Privé and Living Room along with their legal counsel requested early this morning a hold of numbers 75 and 76 on this morning's County Commission agenda for two weeks due to new developments, which include continuing reorganization."
Privé and the Living Room lounge will remain closed "while continuing to work with the county's Department of Business License and the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department during the course of the closure.
Arriving at the last second to the Commission Chambers was Frank Tucker. Opium Group this morning confirmed that "Greg Jarmolowich and Frank Tucker are no longer employed by Privé Nightclub" or, says a rep, by parent company Opium Group. The men were removed as Privé key employees on July 28 when department of business license Jacqueline Holloway denied the club's application to remain open on a temporary liquor license until today's scheduled appeal. Tucker appeared not to have been informed that the commission meeting had been postponed.
Also present at the meeting was Opium Group investor Robert Mazza, who commented that this two week postponement will be the hardest on the Privé staff, who cannot work in the non-union club until matters are resolved.