1. Carlito’s Burritos Pork verde-stuffed sopapillas, red chile-smothered breakfast burritos, a tortilla burger … These New Mexican treats require frequent returns. 4300 E. Sunset Road #A5, 702-547-3592.
2. Chada Street This Chinatown Thai house journeys far beyond noodles and curries. Bring lots of friends for maximum sampling efficiency. 3839 Spring Mountain Road, 702-579-0207.
3. Cleo The LA Mediterranean import will tempt you to order way too many of its small-plate specialties—dips, kebabs, veggies, and more—and you’ll still leave with a wish list. SLS, 702-761-7612.
4. Cornish Pasty If you’ve tried one of these addictive savory pastries you have not tried them all, with options ranging from lamb and mint to carne adovada. 10 E. Charleston Blvd., 702-862-4538.
5. Mint Indian Bistro The menu unites northern and southern Indian cuisine, from methi malai to Rogan Josh curry. Maybe avoid the ultra-spicy “inferno” section, though. 730 E. Flamingo Road, 702-894-9334.