The stretch of open road from Las Vegas to Reno is about as far out as it gets—in more ways than one. From kaleidoscopic boulder towers and a psychedelic "forest" of junk cars to a ghost town sculpture garden and a haunted, clown-themed motel, the Free-Range Art Highway abounds with oddball attractions. Get ready to really put the "trip" road trip.
- Shop and art-hop around the Las Vegas Arts District, AKA “18b”
- Get ghosted at Goldwell Open Air Museum at Rhyolite ghost town
- Add some spray-on art to a vertical vehicle at the International Car Forest
- Tour Reno’s nearly 200 murals, sculptures, and other art installations
- Chow down at a burro-themed chili bar, burger hut, breweries, and beyond
Las Vegas | Beatty | Goldfield | Tonopah | Fallon | Reno
Click HERE for the full itinerary.
Discover upcoming events, places to visit, and things to do on your next Nevada escape. CLICK to subscribe for out-of-the-ordinary trip ideas – delivered straight to your inbox.