1. Don’t rely on texting to meet up with your friends. Last year’s cellular service was abysmal for nearly every carrier. Go old-school and agree on a meeting spot and time before you break away from your companions.
2. Music festivals and flip-flops are not a match—especially when most of the footprint is on pavement. Same goes for other thin-sole footwear and heels, so wear comfortable shoes.
3. Remember your sunblock. Can you imagine how much it’ll cost at the Market?
4. Charging stations were scarce and crowded last year, so consider packing along a portable charger for your phone.
5. You can bring in two factory-sealed 1-liter water bottles. Once they’re empty, refill them at free water stations and save yourself even more dough.
6. Remember the winds during last year’s edition? Might want to throw a hoodie in the back of your car in case gusts resurface and temps dip.
7. There are Red Rock Canyon hikes shorter than the distance between the main stage and the one in the Llama Lot. If you’re at one and think you can catch the last 10 minutes of a band’s set at the other, save your energy.
8. Sit down. Even the most dedicated fans will need to take a load off to make it through all three days with their feet (and sanity) intact. Hit one of the fest’s four parks and take a rest in the grass before you start to blister.
9. Don’t forget to explore. Life Is Beautiful prides itself on not just being a music festival, so dedicate some time to wandering and discovery.