1. Chris Rock (June 10, Park Theater) Is he the smartest cat in the game? This tour, which touches on everything from his divorce to aging to social justice, states his case.
2. Dave Chappelle (May 5, Mandalay Bay Events Center) Chappelle throws a party unlike any other in comedy, which wouldn’t matter if he weren’t still brilliantly funny.
3. Tig Notaro (May 20, Crapshoot Comedy Festival, Fremont Country Club) Her jokes are funny, but her onstage persona goes far beyond that. She could make you laugh doing anything she wants.
4. Trevor Noah (May 12, the Mirage) The Daily Show host’s mix of political humor—along with his South African point of view on the insanity of America—makes him a must-see live act.
5. Butch Bradley (L.A. Comedy Club) Whenever you catch his Stratosphere residency, you have a good chance of catching lightning in a bottle with one of the best in the stand-up game.