You could hold a Peter Jackson/Tolkien marathon this holiday season (six films: 19 hours, 54 minutes). Or you could use that time to …
• Fly from Las Vegas to Auckland, New Zealand (16 hours, 30 minutes), then drive two hours to Matamata, home to the series’ Shire and Hobbiton movie set.
• Listen to Led Zeppelin’s “Ramble On”—which references Gollum, Mordor and the Evil One (Sauron)—261 times in a row.
• Write a piece of inappropriate LOTR fan fiction about Merry and Pippin.
• Listen to the audiobook version of The Fellowship of the Ring (19 hours, 11 minutes), with time left over for a few “pipe-weed” breaks.
• Knit a small dog a sweater that looks like Bilbo’s mithril, if you have skills.