1. Starboard Tack This spot recently changed management, freshened up its food and drink menus and returned to its original name—but it retains its circa-71 nautical motif. 2601 Atlantic St., 702-684-5769.
2. Double Down Saloon Vegas’ foremost dive bar is the 1990s punk-rock equivalent of the Galápagos Islands, largely unchanged in 25 years. 4640 Paradise Road, 702-791-5775.
3. Peppermill’s Fireside Lounge Since 1972, guests have gathered ’round the fire pit at this neon-accented Strip favorite, sipping cocktails the size of their heads. 2985 Las Vegas Blvd. S.,702-735-7635.
4. The Dispensary Lounge Get your mind outta the bong. There’s no weed at this 41-year-old lounge, but there’s live jazz, a water wheel and a real fern bar vibe. 2451 E. Tropicana Ave., 702-458-6343.
5. Huntridge Tavern It’s not just the décor at this smoky dive that’s trapped in 1962—its prices are, too. Drinks here are cheap enough to be a public service. 1116 E. Charleston Blvd., 702-384-7377.