1. GOYEMON SUSHI HOUSE All-you-can-eat can be overwhelming—and often subpar, fish-wise—but this Sushi Mon spin-off has elevated the single-price feast. 5255 S. Decatur Blvd. #118, 702-331-0333.
2. KABUTO EDOMAE SUSHI This Chinatown experience pairs omakase (chef’s choice) flights with minimalist decor, putting the focus on the food. 5040 W. Spring Mountain Road, 702-676-1044.
3. OTHER MAMA This west-side spot doesn’t serve nigiri, but raw fish lovers will still find much to remember, from the rotating sashimi list to crudos and carpaccios. 3655 S. Durango Drive #6, 702-463-8382.
4. SEN OF JAPAN Former Nobu chef Nakano Hiromi brings that attention to detail to the west Valley, loading his menu with musts like the Japanese snapper “2 ways.” 8480 W. Desert Inn Road, 702-871-7781.
5. SOHO JAPANESE RESTAURANT The specials—oysters! uni duos!—at this southwest gem always taste great, and happy hour brings addictive deals, too. 7377 S. Jones Blvd., 702-776-7778.