Electric Daisy Carnival aficionados will tell you there’s a right way and a wrong way to EDC. We talked to some pros about the best ways to stay safe and healthy all weekend long, especially if it’s your first time or you haven’t been in a while. Don’t forget, it’s a desert out there.
1. Save your medical information. If you have an iPhone, set up your medical ID through the Health app. By saving important information, paramedics and first responders can act faster in the case of an emergency and access your details without needing a passcode.
2. Download the EDC app. Familiarize yourself with the layout using the EDC map. Once you’re there, walk the festival grounds and locate the bathrooms, first-aid stations and emergency exits. Designate a common meeting spot with your friends.
3. Bring a spare car key. Give the spare to a friend or stow it in a safe place that you’ll remember later.
4. Stay hydrated. Drink plenty of H20 (and coconut water!) before you even get to the festival. Bring an empty EDC-branded water bottle you can keep with you at the festival. Heat stroke is no joke.
5. Pack a cooler in the car. It isn’t uncommon to get stuck in the Speedway parking lot when the event is over. In case traffic is terrible, make sure you have water and snacks for the ride home.